Request for a restricted work license
Legal assistance for a request for a restricted work license
- The SOS+ packages are suggested to give you peace of mind. They include all steps in your file that can maximize your chances of success. This includes all postponements and a trial, if necessary. Only the lawyers' travel expenses are not included, if they are needed.
- We send the not guilty plea for you. That way we do most of everything for you, and ensure your file is correctly handled.
- You will have access to your lawyer via text message on a continuous basis throughout the duration of your case.
- We will search your records in the court (Plumitif de la Cour) to ensure that no other tickets in your name remain untreated. We take additional steps to ensure that your entire file is handled, which is important when considering that a forgotten ticket may add points to your file, and make you lose your permit.
There are two types of restricted licenses, one related to an impaired driving conviction and one related to the accumulation of demerit points. In the second case, the restricted license can be granted when it is essential, as part of your main job, that you hold a driving license. This type of license can, with several employers, allow you to save your job. Ask one of our lawyers to find out if you are eligible for this license.
The services included in this package:
- File opening
- Consultation with a lawyer
- Drafting of documents
- Deposit of documents
- Notifying/Serving of documents
- Representation at the Courthouse (Civil law division)
This package does not include any other legal procedure than those specifically listed. When you will have your consultation with the lawyer, he will suggest an optimal course of action and you can decide together which next steps are best for you, along with associated fees. Don’t forget to send us any document or notice of hearing you may receive relating to your file as soon as possible.