Release of vehicle seizure
Legal assistance for the release of vehicle seizure
- The SOS+ packages are suggested to give you peace of mind. They include all steps in your file that can maximize your chances of success. This includes all postponements and a trial, if necessary. Only the lawyers' travel expenses are not included, if they are needed.
- We send the not guilty plea for you. That way we do most of everything for you, and ensure your file is correctly handled.
- You will have access to your lawyer via text message on a continuous basis throughout the duration of your case.
- We will search your records in the court (Plumitif de la Cour) to ensure that no other tickets in your name remain untreated. We take additional steps to ensure that your entire file is handled, which is important when considering that a forgotten ticket may add points to your file, and make you lose your permit.
The police officer, in certain circumstances, can use his discretion to seize and store your vehicle for a period of 7 to 90 days. If you are in this situation, know that there is a solution, called release of seizure, which gives you the possibility of asking a judge of the Court of Québec to be brought back into possession of your vehicle before the expiration of this time limit. However, you only have one chance to make your point. So make sure you are well informed by contacting one of our lawyers.
This package includes:
- File opening
- Consultation with a lawyer
- Drafting of documents
- Deposit of documents
- Notifying/Serving of documents
- Representation at the Courthouse (Civil law division)
This package does not include any other legal procedure than those specifically listed. When you will have your consultation with the lawyer, he will suggest an optimal course of action and you can decide together which next steps are best for you, along with associated fees. Don’t forget to send us any document or notice of hearing you may receive relating to your file as soon as possible.