Motion to withdraw guilty plea
Legal assistance for a motion to withdraw a guilty plea
- The SOS+ packages are suggested to give you peace of mind. They include all steps in your file that can maximize your chances of success. This includes all postponements and a trial, if necessary. Only the lawyers' travel expenses are not included, if they are needed.
- We send the not guilty plea for you. That way we do most of everything for you, and ensure your file is correctly handled.
- You will have access to your lawyer via text message on a continuous basis throughout the duration of your case.
- We will search your records in the court (Plumitif de la Cour) to ensure that no other tickets in your name remain untreated. We take additional steps to ensure that your entire file is handled, which is important when considering that a forgotten ticket may add points to your file, and make you lose your permit.
When a ticket is paid, the citizen is deemed to have transmitted a guilty plea and by that very fact a judgment making him guilty will be rendered. In some very specific cases, a citizen may have pleaded guilty in error or someone else may have done so on their behalf. In this situation, the only possible solution is an appeal to the Superior Court of Québec. Despite the strict requirements of this procedure, our lawyers will be able to guide you to allow you to have the right to a full and complete defense.
The services included in this package:
- File opening
- Legal analysis
- Drafting of documents
- Consultation at our offices
- Deposit of documents
- Notifying/Serving of documents
- Representation at the Courthouse
This package does not include any other legal procedure than those specifically listed. When you will have your consultation with the lawyer, he will suggest an optimal course of action and you can decide together which next steps are best for you, along with associated fees. Don’t forget to send us any document or notice of hearing you may receive relating to your file as soon as possible.